Long Live Hazare!
India and it’s people’s standard of living have been seriously damaged by corruption. One in six people who walk this planet are Indian and it has the 10th largest economy in the world; however it is a country that suffers from dire poverty – just under half it’s population live on under $1.25 a day. An anti-corruption bill has been discussed in India’s parliament for the past four decades. The unfortunate problem was that it would never pass because it would hurt the interests of those who benefit from corruption – the crooked Indian politicians. That was until one man stepped up to the Indian government and refused to budge. Anna Hazare fasted for 13 days because he believed it was completely unacceptable that as much finance flowed into untaxed Swiss bank accounts of the Indian ruling class as was spent on health care and education for children. We are talking no small figures here. This is the text message that was being sent around the population whilst I was in India last month.
Anna Hazare says bring back the black money. Do you know what will happen if 1456 lac crores comes back.
- India financially number one.
- Each district will get 60,000 crores and each village will get 100 crores
- No need to pay taxes for the next 20 years.
- Petrol 25 Rs, Diesel 15 Rs, Milk 8 Rs.
- No need to pay the electricity bill.
- Indian borders will become stronger than the China wall.
- 1,500 Oxford like universities will be opened.
- 2,800 km’s of road (like Paris) can be made.
- 2000 hospitals all medicine free.
- 95 crore people will have their own house.